The kinds of Personal Information that eslifestyle.com.au generally collects from you is:
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Photographs or images
- Personally submitted preferences
- Bank account and credit card information
- Financial information.
- Other Identity verification information (i.e. email address, phone numbers)
eslifestyle.com.au will collect your Personal Information only by lawful and fair means and not in an intrusive way to operate its business for the following purposes:
- if you wish to subscribe to eslifestyle.com.au’s weekly newsletter
- to process your application to become a member of eslifestyle.com.au (“Member”)
- to provide services to you as a Member
- to identify you as a Member for security purposes and to comply with our legal obligations
- to upgrade and enhance your experience within the website or over the telephone, or to tailor or develop information, services or products to suit your needs which may include market research and conducting promotions
- to tell you about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you by communicating with you via email, SMS or telephone
- to create aggregate data about Members through demographic profiling, statistical analysis of the database to provide to potential and existing stakeholders, and to allow for more efficient operation of eslifestyle.com.au’s business
- to determine Members’ liability to pay goods and services tax and other taxes where applicable
- to comply with eslifestyle.com.au’s legal and statutory obligations including in relation to reporting obligations imposed by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006 (Cth) (“AML/CTF Act”)
- for taking appropriate action if eslifestyle.com.au has reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature has been, is being or may be engaged in that relates to our functions and activities
- to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims; and
- manage job applications.
If you do not provide eslifestyle.com.au with the Personal Information we request, we may be unable to process your application to become a Member, provide you with our services or respond to your enquiry or complaint.
Examples of Personal Information that may be collected by eslifestyle.com.au includes, without limitation your name, residential address, email address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, your date of birth, and your credit card details. By becoming a Member or otherwise choosing to provide eslifestyle.com.au with Personal Information you consent to eslifestyle.com.au collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Information for the above purposes.
Personal Information may also be collected by cookies when you use the website. Cookies are pieces of data stored by your web browser on your hard drive which contain information relating to your use of the website. When you access the website, cookies may record details relating to your use of the website, including what pages you view from the website.
We may use third-parties to serve ads on our website. These companies may employ cookies and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Direct marketing and opting out
When registering as a Member, you may choose to receive promotional or marketing information from eslifestyle.com.au by selecting the appropriate option on the registration page. In that case, from time to time we may use your Personal Information to inform you about eslifestyle.com.au’s products or services or about promotional activities which eslifestyle.com.au believes may be of interest or of benefit to you. We may do this via email, SMS, telephone or mail.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional material from eslifestyle.com.au at all or in any particular form, you may contact us at any time by email to [email protected] with your request with which we will comply as soon as is practical.
From time to time we may contact you in relation to the management and administration of your eslifestyle.com.au account. These communications can be via any of the modes of contact recorded when registering as a Member. Such communication does not affect your opt-in or opt-out status for direct marketing communications.
Management of your Personal Information
eslifestyle.com.au will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information which it collects, uses or discloses is correct and is stored in a secure environment which is accessed only by authorised persons.
eslifestyle.com.au will destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information we hold when it is no longer required for any purpose permitted under the APPs including our legal or operational obligations.
Personal Information collected by eslifestyle.com.au may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- to provide you with the services or support/information you have requested;
- for any other purpose related to the purposes for which your Personal Information was collected as described in this policy which you would reasonably expect or which has been otherwise notified to you;
- the third parties or classes of third parties that eslifestyle.com.au has at the time of collection informed you of;
- to enable eslifestyle.com.au to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be notified to you at the time your Personal Information is collected;
- where the disclosure is required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act;
- where you have consented to its disclosure ether expressly or by the circumstances and your conduct.
eslifestyle.com.au will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information which eslifestyle.com.au discloses to a third party is protected by that party in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Security of Personal Information
You acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. Accordingly, eslifestyle.com.au does not warrant the security of any information which you transmit to it. Any information which you transmit to eslifestyle.com.au is transmitted at your own risk. However, once eslifestyle.com.au receives your transmission, eslifestyle.com.au will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including by using password protected systems and databases and Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology.
eslifestyle.com.au’s employees, agents and contractors are required to maintain the confidentiality of Members’ Personal Information and trading behaviour.
Information posted on bulletin boards or communicated within a social media environment (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Chat Rooms) becomes public information. eslifestyle.com.au cannot guarantee the security of this type of disclosed information.
Remember to always log out of your account when you have completed your time on the website. This is particularly important if you share a computer with another person. You are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer, mobile device or any other handset used to access the website.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any account information. Please be careful whenever using the Internet and our website.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information collected by eslifestyle.com.au by following the “Account” link on the website or by contacting your Lifestyle Manager, or Customer Service on 1300 724 748. We will give you access to your Personal Information in the manner requested if that is possible and within a reasonable period. If we refuse your request or cannot give you access in the manner you have requested, we will do what we can to meet your requirements by other means. We may not be required to give you access to your Personal Information in certain circumstances which are set out in the APPs including where it may have an unreasonable impact on other individual’s privacy. If we refuse access for such reasons, we will advise you in writing of the refusal and our reasons and the complaint mechanisms available to you.
Correction and Continuous Updating of your Personal Information
eslifestyle.com.au takes reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Information which it collects is accurate, complete and current and also when it uses and discloses it, that it is relevant, having regard to the purpose for which it is being used or disclosed. We will take reasonable measures to correct Personal Information if we are satisfied that it should be corrected. We may contact with you on a periodic basis to seek the most up to date information from you.
If you believe that the Personal Information eslifestyle.com.au holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, please let eslifestyle.com.au know and we will correct it if we are satisfied that a correction is required.
Personal Information can be updated or corrected by you in the “Your Profile” section of the website at any time after you log in. Personal Information can also be updated or corrected by calling your Lifestyle Manager, or Customer Service on 1300 724 748.
There may be instances where we may be required to send your personal information overseas or collect personal information from overseas, including:
where you have asked us to do so;
when we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas provider with whom we have a contractual arrangement; or
where we are required or authorised by law to do so.
Use of website
If you have any queries, requests for access or correction or complaints relating to the handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are as follows:
Essential Solutions Pty Ltd
PO Box R1271
Royal Exchange NSW 1225
Tel: 1300 724 748
Email: [email protected]
Further Information about privacy concerns or complaints in Australia can be found on the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.